I’ve just subscribed to Book Crash. They’ve shipped my free book as I write. Yes, I said free.
This site is for Christian writers to promote their books and for writers, and readers to offer a review. There is one catch. In exchange for free books, I love that word “free”, you must be candid, and follow the guidelines set out below.
Overview – In exchange for “free” books.
• To inform readers why you liked or didn’t like the book.
• Each review should be at least 200 words, but no longer than 500 words.
• Respect the author. In other words, don’t kill the messenger. The writers’ journey is arduous and long. I respect any author with the tenacity to finish what they’ve started.
• What is the theme, plot or subject matter?
• Who is the target audience?
• What is the purpose of the book?
• Was the book engaging, predictable, far-fetched, exciting, and/or romantic?
• Did the plot hold together?
• Were the characters believable?
• Was the dialog realistic?
• Did the book provide a wholesome Christian viewpoint?
• Was the design appealing? (font, artwork, etc.)
• Was the book uplifting, inspiring?
• Were you challenged in your faith?
• Would you recommend this book? If so, to whom and why.
It appears I have my work cut-out for me. Not only will the reviews help authors to promote their books, it will also help me address those same questions in my writing.