“The difference between successful writers and unsuccessful writers is persistence.”
James Scott Bell
I’ve posted five tips on what it takes to be a successful writer.
- Find a quote that inspires you
- Read an author’s bio and then imagine yourself on the back cover
- Write your own bio
- Read books on how to write
- Digest the information and apply what you learn to your own writing
- Read novels in your genre, scrutinizing the good, the bad, and the ugly.
- Write anything to get your mind loosened up
- Attack your novel, don’t worry about perfection on your first draft
- Try and write a set number of words every day
- Don’t beat yourself up if you don’t meet your quota
Never Give Up
- Find someone to share your dreams with, someone who will encourage you to keep writing
Today, I resolve to keep writing and never stop.
Dare to Dream Large