This week’s theme was to create a scene with a tree that depicts a fairy tale or a scene that has an element of fantasy that a child can relate to.
Children love magical places. I love magical places too, and I know heaven is a magical place.
I realize my whimsical illustration doesn’t come close to describing what heaven looks like, but the last book in my trusty manual sure paints some dazzling word pictures.
Here are just a few of those heavenly word pictures:
- That wondrous city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of the skies from God, was filled with the glory of God and flashed and glowed like a precious gem, crystal clear like jasper.
- Its walls were broad and high, with twelve gates guarded by twelve angels.
- The city itself was pure, transparent gold like glass.
- The wall was made of jasper and was built on twelve layers of foundation stones inlaid with gems,
- the first layer with jasper,
- the second with sapphire,
- the third with chalcedony,
- the fourth with emerald,
- the fifth with sardonyx,
- the sixth layer with sardus,
- the seven with chrysolite,
- the eighth with beryl,
- the ninth with topaz,
- the tenth with chrysoprase,
- the eleventh with jacinth, and
- the twelfth with amethyst.
- The twelve gates were made of pearls—each gate from a single pearl.
- There was a river of pure Water of Life, clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and the Lamb, coursing down the center of the main street.
- On each side of the river grew Trees of Life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, with a fresh crop each month.
- Its gates never close, they stay open all day long. There will be no night there—no need for lamps or sun—for the Lord God will be their light.
- Nothing evil will be permitted in it—no one immoral or dishonest—but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.
If you want to learn more about what heaven looks like, read Revelation 21. I’m certain your child would also love to listen as you read all about that magical, fantastical place.
Here’s a snappy, happy music video produced by Bill and Gloria Gaither—When We All Get to Heaven.
Have a heavenly day,
P.S. Please visit all of the other artists over at Michael’s blog—Creative Tuesdays.
P.P.S. To receive my free posts by email, just enter your email address in the box under “Sign Me Up!” or check off the box after you leave a marvelous comment. That will definitely encourage me.
“WHAT DOES HEAVEN LOOK LIKE? – CREATIVE TUESDAYS” first appeared on www.tracycampbell.net/blog.