It’s me, Indy.
Patches, my furry best friend, died Tuesday while my parents and I were at Aunt Barb’s cottage. But you know that already.
Even though me, Mum and Pop are sad and blue, thank you for answering Mum’s prayers—the three, I overheard her ask you a few weeks ago.
- Mum wouldn’t have to make the decision to put Patches to sleep,
- Patches wouldn’t feel any pain when his time on earth was up, and
- She wouldn’t be alone when it happened.
And, thank you for giving Patches a burst of energy that morning even though he did steal my dog treat.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
P.S. Will you please you read Patches my poem?
My Dear Harley Dude
I come to the back door alone,
While my tail drags on the deck board,
And your bark I miss, and that whisker kiss,
And Mum and Pop are floored.
And they cry with me, and they sigh with me,
And they tell me you’re not alone,
For the toy I chewed, my dear Harley dude,
Is buried with your bone.
O Patches, we miss you so.
”Always be full of joy. Never stop praying.
Whatever happens, always be thankful.
This is how God wants you to live in Christ Jesus.”
I Thessalonians 5:16-18 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
Hi folks! Indy here.
Boy, do I have a special treat for you. Nope, it’s not a dog bone. It’s a special fur baby story about an abandoned kitten. And Diesel is his name-O.
Here to deliver the scoop on Diesel is his mom–editor extraordinaire, Marcy Kennedy. Continue reading “Fur Babies: Would You Like A Special Treat?” »
Hi, folks. Indy here.
Today, my tail is tucked between my legs. I just learned that Flare, an energetic, reddish-colored golden retriever, disappeared on January 17th. I had to share this sad story with you.
Continue reading “Would You Have Confessed Your Guilt?” »
Hi folks, Indy here!
Here’s a photo of Schultz-y—my new friend and fur baby.
Continue reading “Fur Babies: Schultz’s Wild Food Rampage” »
Happy New Year, Folks! Indy here.
I’m glad you asked. 🙂
Fur babies wear furry coats, and they’re members of your family!
I want to shine the spotlight on your fur babies, so I finally got around to creating a Fur Babies page. But I’ll need you to submit the following to make that happen:
- the two best photos of your fur babies—dogs, cats, ferrets, lamas, and even rats will do,
- your fur baby’s registered name, if you have a purebred,
- your fur baby’s name or nickname,
- your fur baby’s date of birth or the date your fur baby passed away,
- the breed of your fur baby,
- your fur baby’s birth weight,
- today’s weight,
- other interesting tidbits, and
- a short story that’ll make me laugh or cry.
Continue reading “What are Fur Babies?” »